International Academy for Professional Development Ltd
in partnership with the Centre for Coaching & Centre for Stress Management
All courses are now delivered using the zoom virtual platform
IAFPD Primary Certificate in Redundancy Coaching and Counselling
The Primary Certificate in Redundancy Coaching and Counselling is a module on the International Society for Coaching Psychology recognised Certificate in Stress Management and Performance Coaching programme.
This 2-day course also forms part of the ILM Approved Essential Management Development Programme, Foundation Coaching Development Programme and the Advanced Coaching Development programmes.
Given the current economic climate, this course covers the coaching and counselling skills required to help deal with and manage redundancy within a team or company or support your clients to manage this difficult reality. This 2-day workshop is designed to help manager and HR professionals to deal with difficult times within their organisations. This course is also aimed at coaches and counsellors who want to improve their skills in this area.
NB. This is an introductory to intermediate Level 5 programme and may not be suitable for experienced coaches and counsellors.
To provide an overview of the effects of redundancy on individuals and to develop skills and strategies drawn from coaching and counselling.
• Review the importance of work for individuals
• Understand the effects of redundancy on individuals
• Develop relevant coaching and counselling skills and strategies to help individuals facing redundancy
• Develop skills from cognitive behavioural coaching (CBC) and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) to help alleviate the more serious negative effects of redundancy such as depression and loss of self-esteem and confidence
• Develop processing skills to respond to both the positive and negative personal and emotional reactions to redundancy
• Take stock: evaluate the possibilities in the context of change and new circumstances
• Move forward: explore new goals and pathways
The trainer is Nick Edgerton, Dr Siobhain O’Riordan or Prof Stephen Palmer.
PLEASE READ: GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION