International Academy for Professional Development Ltd
in partnership with the Centre for Coaching & Centre for Stress Management
All courses are now delivered using the zoom virtual platform
Primary Certificate in Coaching Psychology Supervision
The supervision of coaching psychologists is seen as an important part of professional coaching psychology practice.
Coaches and Coaching Psychologists have been turning to supervision to help maximise effective performance, enhance skill development and to gain assistance with handling coaching dilemmas and coaching dynamics.
A number of professional coaching psychology groups such as the BPS Special Group in Coaching Psychology (SGCP) and the International Society for Coaching Psychology have all supported the need for a quality control element in coaching and coaching psychology, together with the need for supporting individual coaches and psychologists.
This course offers an opportunity to receive:
• Theoretical input
• Skills practice
• Opportunity to supervise others
• Opportunity to learn how to get the most as coaching or coaching psychology supervisees
NB This course has been designed for experienced coaching psychologists. However, this introductory course is unsuitable for experienced coaching psychology supervisors.
To become knowledgeable about coaching and coaching psychology supervision.
• Understand the nature of coaching and coaching psychology supervision
• Recognise differences between coaching supervision and therapeutic supervision
• Become aware of different types of supervision (managerial, consultative, etc.)
• Recognise different models of supervision
• Understand key skills of supervision
• Consider supervisor competencies
• Recognise the importance of different learning styles
• Become knowledgeable in supervision administration
• Practise supervision skills
The trainer is Dr Siobhain O’Riordan or Prof Stephen Palmer who are both International Society for Coaching Psychology Accredited Coaching Psychology Supervisors.
PLEASE READ: GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION