|« Back to calendar||« Previous Event | Next Event »|
This two-day workshop adopts a Cognitive Behavioural perspective and focus on skills training.
It can be taken as a stand-alone course. Delegates who wish to gain a University Accredited (level 5, 30 credits), Association for Coaching Recognised Certificate can take the following two-day courses to achieve the Certificate in Stress Management and Performance Coaching:
All of our courses are accredited by the British Psychological Society Learning Centre for the purpose of Continuing Professional Development. We are approved by the International Society for Coaching Psychology
This two-day workshop focuses on the theory and practice of assertion and communications skills. The course takes a cognitive behavioural approach. There will be an emphasis on skills practise and course participants will be given opportunity to practise assertion and communication skills, step by step. Assertion skills such as negative feelings assertion, fogging, workable compromise and setting clear boundaries will be covered. Communication skills such as sending and receiving skills will be included. The use of assertion and communications skills in coaching, counselling and stress and time management training will also be discussed.
To provide a practical understanding of those skills associated with assertiveness training and how these skills can be used to aid the communication process.
By the end of the course delegates will:
· have an understanding of the differing personality types associated with assertiveness training, viewed through the SPACE model
· be able to identify individual behaviour patterns
· have had the opportunity to practise a range of assertiveness techniques
· have had the opportunity of discussing personal concerns
· have developed an Action Plan to consolidate learning and future training needs